1-2 fresh tomatoes
2 T. chopped fresh basil, less if using dried
2 T. flour (have used one-to-one GF flour)
1T. basil flavored olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large quiche dish with butter flavored cooking spray. Set aside.
- Slice the tomato approx. 1/8 inch thick. Judge how many tomato slices are needed to cover the bottom of the dish without overlap. I usually have 7, and it will depend on the size of the tomato.
- Mix the flour and basil on a plate and coat both sides of the tomato slices with this mix.
- Heat the olive oil and brown the tomatoes on both sides, but do not overcook. Remove from heat and arrange in the bottom of the prepared quiche dish. Set aside.
1/3 c. sour cream
2 T. French onion dip, or spinach dip
1-1/2 t. balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz. of fresh mozzarella pearls, or ¼” cubes or mozzarella
- Beat the eggs. Add in the sour cream, dip and vinegar. Whisk until well blended.
- Season to taste. Stir in the cheese. Pour the egg mixture slowly over the tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, until fully set and slightly browned on top.